Top 5 Subreddits for IT Staff Working in K-12
Reddit is an amazing resource for tech staff working in K-12. Here are the top 5 subreddits that we use on a regular basis:
1. https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/ - All things networking. Filled with Wifi configurations to phone systems, VLANS, routers and security system
2. https://www.reddit.com/r/chromebook/ - All things Chrome.
3. https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/ - Not K-12 specific but has plenty of good tidbits.
4. https://www.reddit.com/r/macsysadmin/ - Mac specific sysadmin questions, not K-12 specific but extremely helpful.
5. https://www.reddit.com/r/k12sysadmin/ - With 38,000 members this subreddit sees posts from admins using Chrome, Apple, Windows and any other device platform you can think of. Our personal favorite.
Honorable mention: (not a subreddit, but another great resource)
https://www.macadmins.org/ - Awesome Slack channel that’s mostly Apple focused but has quite a few Chromebook & Windows admins posting also.